Geek Nymph
     The ramblings of a self-confessed geek (and proud of it!)

Friday, March 24, 2006

I can feel again... But I still can't sleep.

Today, my whole body felt numb. Ozzie even pinched me hard in the face and I felt nothing. Well, I felt the pressure, much like when you feel the pressure if you have anesthesia. But still, it doesn't hurt. Not one bit.

This was due to too much caffeine. YES, there is such a thing.
[Well, this maybe due too much caffeine and lack of sleep]

Now, I'm not like other guys I know who drink triple Americanos in a tall glass. To keep myself awake for long nights, I buy an Espresso frappe (yes, I like Starbucks) or Javakula and have an extra shot or two added. This will keep me awake until around 6am in the morning.


3 shots of espresso is nothing compared to 2 sachets of San Mig Extra Strong Coffee.


I really wanted to stay awake last night to finish some work, so I made a cup of coffee using 2 sachets of San Mig Cafe. I was able to drink the coffee only after an hour (I forgot about it), and took 3 gulps. Now that I come to think of it, I didn't even finish my coffee!

After a few hours, I noticed I couldn't feel my legs. I couldn't feel my hands, but I could control them. I couldn't feel my lips. On trying so hard to feel my lips, I was biting on them too hard. My lips are now chapped and sore. I couldnt taste my food very well. I felt drugged. I felt as if I was floating.

I know this floating feeling. I usually get this when I haven't had a decent sleep in 3 days. But this one, it was exaggerated.


I never would have thought that someday I'd force myself to sleep.

I forced myself to sleep this afternoon at around 5pm. After 30 minutes, I woke up, but I tried to sleep again. After 30 more mintues, I woke up again. I couldn't sleep. The weird thing is, when I woke up, I felt like I've had a decent sleep. (But still, I couldn't feel anything)

After dinner, Ozzie fell asleep (he also lacked sleep due to an exam earlier). With nothing better to do, I again forced myself to sleep. I was able to catch a few minutes of sleep, but it was hard to stay asleep.

Everything's just starting (after ~24 hours) to get back to normal. I'm starting to feel my legs and hands again. I don't feel as 'drugged' as a while ago, but I still can't sleep. Well, that means I can do more work.

Something's telling me I won't be drinking that coffee again any time soon.
When they say extra strong, they mean it.


Has anyone here tried San Mig Coffee?

Ozzie said he drinks San Mig Strong Coffee and just realized that he couldn't sleep afterwards. This is from a guy who drinks a triple Americano in a tall glass, just like water, and still sleeps peacefully afterwards.

Si Paul kaya?



1 Comments:

  • Hmm.. Masubukan nga din :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home