Geek Nymph
     The ramblings of a self-confessed geek (and proud of it!)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Cozy, Level Up!

I noticed that after waking up from hibernate mode, Cozy (my laptop) gets a bit sluggish. Cozy's tortiose-like mode is rather obvious when running Netbeans and a large query on pgSQL. I have no time to restart everytime, I hate restarting! I just put cozy on hibernate mode.

I asked Ozzie how much sodimms (DDR2 PC3200) cost nowadays. He said they cost at around P3300 for 512mb. Pretty cheap, I said. I checked out the prices from other shops. I even called PCEvotech, my favorite PC store. Too bad they were already closed, I really wanted to upgrade my RAM.

Oh well. Tomorrow nalang.

My Ozzie came to the office with a C2 in hand, minutes later. "Himala ata, nakita mong may C2 ako, di ka humingi ng pasalubong".
"Hehe, sige... pahingi."

And from his pocket was a sodimm 512mb chip.
Soooooo happy! ^________________________________________^ Happy, happy, happy, happy!!

When we were installing it, we found out that there were 2x256mb instead of the website posted specs of 1x512mb. (Actually, I've already read that in a forum somewhere, I just never got to confirm till now)

We both realized 768mb is not enough. We rushed to Villman to have the 512mb exchanged for 1G (plus cash, of course). We came just as the guard was closing the shop and we had the RAM exchanged.

Cool shoeshine
! I now have 1.25G of RAM!

You should see Netbeans on Cozy!
WWWwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeee............ Happy, happy, happy, fast Cozy!

Well, still not as fast as large as Jerm's 2G RAM, but I'm ok with 1.25G for now. :)

Thanks, Ozzie, for the gift, even if there's no occasion.

6 Comments:

  • BTW, I think Boss Nes (with the 1.5G RAM coffee-loving Asus V6V) is still selling his 512MB RAM for cheap. I mistakenly bought it thinking Apol's Asus M6Va isn't using DDR2 RAM.

    By Blogger Je, at 1:51 AM  

  • Ah cool.
    So DDR lang? Ilang MHz?
    Baka si Joee, kaso he bought/reserved Alan's na. :) Pero he might want more ram.

    By Blogger hunny, at 2:08 AM  

  • Always max out your RAM if you can afford it.

    2GB will make any system fly! Galing, Jerms! My 1.5GB RAM is doing wonders on my powerbook. I am hoping that my next upgrade will be along the same lines - 2GB. :D Problem is, there is no 667 DDR2 RAMs available locally. Nakakainis! I would have bought a MacBook Pro 1.8 if there's a 1GB module available but it is a good thing to wait... Oh well.

    By Blogger mac.n.tux, at 6:28 AM  

  • hehe... planning to, someday.
    Pero as of now ok na muna 1.25G. Dami gastos. Hehehehe :P

    Yep, wala pa nga po ako rin nakikita 667 dito. :(
    Sad.

    By Blogger hunny, at 6:32 AM  

  • hmmm... In that case...

    Joee is dirty.
    Jaju is cheap.
    Paul is run-down and screwed-up.
    Nestor is big and fast.
    But Jerms is bigger and faster. o_O

    By Blogger hunny, at 12:21 PM  

  • Yun kay joee, there should be one slot available for expansion. It is under the keyboard and airport extreme card. It should not be that difficult to install.

    His iBook can max out to 1.5GB of RAM.

    By Blogger mac.n.tux, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home