Geek Nymph
     The ramblings of a self-confessed geek (and proud of it!)

Thursday, November 03, 2005

My phonie "Peachy"



As mentioned in my first post, Peachy is my current mobile phone, a Nokia 3230. It was T3's (a local gadget magazine) best smart phone a few months back.


But of course, as all fads come and go, a month or so later, my phone ranked only 17th. Gosh.
Here where I live, others think that your phone is your status symbol. Own a flashy phone and they'd think you're rich. Still own a N3210 - they'd think either you stole it or you don't have money.




Anyway, here are some of the good features of my phone:

Nokia 3230 Smartphone
* 1.3 megapixel camera (1280 x 960 image resolution)
* 65,536-color screen
* Expandable memory (32 MB RS MMC card included)
* IR/Bluetooth
* MP3 / Realplayer
* Symbian OS
* Java™ MIDP 2.0

The nicest feature of this phone is the camera (There are other phone w/ 2MP but I'm happy with mine). On good light, the pictures are ok and can be developed as 3R photos. Downside is there's no flash. Without enough light, pictures are grainy.
The phone is a little slow. It might be because the OS is Symbian, but what the heck... there are more advantages than disadvantages for Symbian OS (One of my master's degree reports). I would rather not go into details, just trust me on that one.

I was never a phone person. I just buy the best one on the market - ONLY when I need it. The best phone - so it could last me years.

I only had 4 cellphones in my life. The first was a Samsung Analog phone, which was replaced by a sms-capable phone the Nokia 3210 (which got broken), replaced by a Sony Ericsson T68i (which got 'stolen'), then a Nokia 6220 (which I returned to the office) and my current one, Nokia 3230.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home