Geek Nymph
     The ramblings of a self-confessed geek (and proud of it!)

Monday, October 31, 2005

Billionton Bluetooth Dongle

I got my Bluetooth dongle from my friends as a birthday present.
Thank you!

Although I do have a few comments regarding the product.
Pros:
1. It's Class 1. 100 meter radius. Cool.
2. It's black. It matches my laptop! :)

Cons:
1. It's kinda big. Well, compared to other dongles, this one is huge.
2. It has an annoying antenna that I think I already broke.
3. It's useless without bluesoleil. I've seen dongles which doesn't need this software. (I don't like bluesoleil)
4. My phone and laptop can discover each other but my devices can't connect/send files to one another. Weird.
5. I've seen the price tag, and it's really expensive. I would have opted for the cheaper dongle

I really appreciate the gift, I really wanted to buy a bluetooth dongle. But this product isn't really worth the hefty price tag. Well... you only wanted the best. Who would have known?

Thanks NEC losers for the gift!

1 Comments:

  • The Billington USB doesnt ship with Blue Soleil. You have a counterfeit copy thats why it doesnt work. Plus, the real version of the USB dongle only costs $21 USD, compared to others, its a steal with the class 1 certification. You lose. Sorry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home