Geek Nymph
     The ramblings of a self-confessed geek (and proud of it!)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yet another MMORPG

So much hype is on Rising Force Online (RF Online), a MMORPG game from Codemasters Online Gaming (locally managed by Level Up Games), that I decided to try it out. The game is currently on open-beta here in the Philippines, and will go live on January 10, 2006. The game is identified as the "most anticipated MMORPG" at mmorpg.com.

According to GameSpot:
RF Online will take place on an alien planet inhabited by three different playable races. These are the Accretia Empire, a race of robotic characters that command highly advanced technology; the Bellato Union, a race of human-like tinkers that specialize in powerful gadgets; and the Cora Holy Alliance, a race of elflike beings that prefer magic to machine guns. Each race has distinctive abilities, including at least one unique power that distinguishes them in battle.

I chose the Cora Race due to a very obvious reason... because they're cute. Teehee. I play games mainly because I just want to play dress-up. Second to that is the story and gameplay experience.

I played the game for 3 hours. I got bored. I'm not sure why exactly, I just did. This is the first time that I got interested in a game, but after playing it, I just got bored.

Hmmmm... maybe because my character runs so slow... around 3x as slow as my Elementalist in Guildwars. Or maybe because the quests weren't that exciting. Or maybe it was due to the
recurrent lags. Or maybe it was due to the 'jologs' in the game (I was told by Dan that the high monthly fee for RF online would reduce the amount of kanto people in the game. But anyway...).

Maybe it's just dragging at the start. Maybe I need to play a little more. Maybe... but I won't.


I'll just go back to Guildwars. It's been a while since I played.
I wonder what's new?

My Newly created Cora character on the left and my character after a few hours on the right. (Saying buh-bye because I'll never see her again)




















*disclaimer: It's just me. I just don't like it. Don't take it against me. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home